Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? Not that most of us need an excuse to eat some ice cream, but the folks at Hickory Farms thought that inviting some of your friends over for an old-fashioned ice cream social would be an excellent idea. With our entertaining tips, both adults and teens can have a blast throwing their own ice cream social this summer.
- Sending invitations lends an air of formality to a tradition that has roots running all the way back to the 18th century. These invitations are trendy and unique, but still invoke a touch of nostalgia for your party.
- If you have antique heirloom crystal, this is a great time to use some pieces for your social. You can also hunt for parfait glasses, tall sodas, tulip sundaes and banana boats at flea markets and second-hand stores for a nice, vintage touch.
- It can be hard to estimate how much ice cream you’ll need, but this is a good rule of thumb — for two scoops of ice cream a cup for 30 guests, plan on a minimum of two gallons of ice cream (buy half pints for more varieties), seven half-cup varieties of sauces, sprinkles and toppings, and three or four 8 oz. containers or cans of whipped topping.
- Hickory Farms’ dried fruit and nuts are delicious sprinkled on top of ice cream sundaes and cones.
- Along with ice cream, make some homemade Raspberry Sorbet with fresh raspberries, lemon and orange juice, water and sugar. You can do the same with mangoes to make a tropical Mango Sorbet. Both are a delicious, yet healthful, alternative to traditional ice cream.
Our delicious Italian Ice Cream Truffles make a wonderful surprise addition to any summer party. Handmade with scoops of traditional Italian gelato, then coated with chocolate or nuts, they taste absolutely divine!
This summer, let Hickory Farms be a part of all of your celebrations. Established in 1951, we know the value of tradition. Call today at 800.753.8558 to place your order.