It’s hard to believe we will soon be wrapping up another summer. Fortunately, Labor Day gives us a three-day weekend to celebrate the warm weather season with family and friends one more time. Below are some fun ways to enjoy summer’s last hurrah.
- Catch a summer sporting event. Whether for a major or minor league team or a local tournament, get together and root for the home team.
- Take aÂ road trip. No matter where you live, there are many points of interest worth checking out within a day’s drive.
- Have a rockin’ Labor Day at an outdoorÂ music festival. Many artists and groups will still be on their summer tours around the US.
- Host aÂ Labor Day picnicÂ or family reunion and gather the generations together for some good times. Organize an impromptuÂ talent showÂ where each family member gets to display his or her unique gifts. Preserve the memories by having a budding Spielberg capture the actionÂ on camera.
- Go campingÂ at a state park near you. Don’t want to go too far from home? The kids will love the idea of aÂ backyard family campout.
- Sendoff summer with an exciting day of roller coasters or water slides at a theme park.
- Spend the day doing nothing! Sleep in, catch some rays, or rent movies for an at-home film fest. A little R&R can really recharge your batteries.
Whatever you do this Labor Day, we atÂ Hickory FarmsÂ wish you and your family a safe and happy holiday. Order someÂ wines and cheesesÂ or some of ourÂ Signature Summer SausageÂ to make your weekend memorable.
Also, don’t forget how Labor Day came about. Originally begun by the Labor movement in the 19th century,Â Labor DayÂ was officially designated as a federal holiday in 1894 as a day to honor the American worker and his contributions to our great country. It’s a wonderful opportunity to show employees and staff members your appreciation with a gift basket from Hickory Farms.