Are you shaping up for the new season? If so, you’ll be glad to know that something as simple as a warm cup of green tea is packed full of good-for-you antioxidants and nutrients. Here are just some of the best health benefits of green tea Hickory Farms has compiled to inspire your spring makeover.
- Green tea contains bioactive compounds like flavonoids and catechins, strong antioxidants that decrease the body’s production of harmful free radicals, while protecting cells on a molecular level.
- In addition to caffeine, green tea contains L-theanine, an amino acid that can cross the blood-brain barrier and improve mental functioning.
- Studies indicate that green tea can pump up our metabolic rates and boost our bodies’ ability to burn fat.
- Bioactive compounds protect the delicate neurons in our brains and can reduce our risk of developing neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
Below are some easy ways you can give your green tea an extra burst of flavor.
- A fresh slice of lemon is a great addition to either hot or iced green tea.
- In a slump and want to feel invigorated? Just add some fresh mint leaves to your cup for a quick pick-me-up.
- Instead of sugar or an artificial sweetener, add a few drops of vanilla extract or a half-teaspoon of pomegranate juice to sweeten your cup.
- If the taste of your tea is too strong, simply add a little hot water. For a weaker taste, you should keep brewing time under two minutes.
- Add a couple tablespoons of green tea powder to a breakfast smoothie for a high-energy treat. You can make this smoothie with soy or skim milk, half a banana and some vanilla-flavored protein powder.
Will you be reaping these health benefits every day? Place your order this spring for Hickory Farms Hickory Celebration Feast basket, which comes with our delicious Shortbread Cookies. These scrumptious confections pair perfectly with any refreshing tea. Order online from our website or call 800.753.8558 for more information today.