Kids with summer birthdays always throw the best parties, and there’s nothing like a pool party to have some great fun in the sun. Hickory Farms has compiled some suggestions for delicious poolside snack recipes your young ones will love.
- Party food doesn’t have to be full of sugar. Give your kids a boost of the natural energy they need with Quick Kebabs. Alternate pieces of fruit, cheese and sausage on wooden skewers and serve on a platter. Our Orchard’s Bounty Gift Basket has plenty of fresh fruit, cheddar cheese and summer sausages to make this a hearty snack. You can also include some sweet treats from our Dried Fruit Collection to add some interesting textures.
Source: Ken Burris via Delish
- Easy-to-make Frogs on a Log is a delicious treat that balances healthfulness with savory flavors. All you have to do is split celery stalks and spread the center with Hickory Farms Garlic Mozzarella or Garden Vegetable Cheese Spreads. You can also place some sliced green olives with pimento on top of the spread for a nice contrast in flavor.
- Mini Rice-Cake Stacks are a yummy, crunchy creation that keeps kids’ energy levels high without a lot of empty calories. Simply spread apple cinnamon rice cakes with peanut butter or Nutella and add some banana slices. Top with another rice cake for a kid-size sandwich they can munch on when they climb out of the pool.
- During the summer months, it’s just too hot to fire up the oven. But you can make these No-Bake Cookies in just 10 minutes. Use finely ground graham crackers, raisins, honey, peanut butter and unsweetened coconut. This recipe makes 16, so you can double or triple as needed.
Hickory Farms offers up plenty of fabulous birthday treats for kids of all ages, including our Italian Ice Cream Truffles, which come a dozen to a box and feature a variety of scrumptious flavors, including Tiramisu and Cookies & Cream. Call 800.753.8558 to place your order in time for all of your family’s summer birthday celebrations.
Hickory Farms specializes in producing quality snacks that taste great and are also healthy for busy families on the go. Our line of gluten-free products can easily complement any special diet with a punch of bold flavors. Below are some great-tasting gluten-free recipe ideas you can make at your next family gathering, or when you’re rushing out the door.
Source: Food Cracks
- You can make a plate of low-fat quesadillas with your choice of meat, including chicken, ground beef or steak. You can even use our Garden Vegetable Spread to give them an extra burst of flavor.
Source: Delicious as if Looks via Food
- Use some of our delicious Bacon and Green Onion Cheese Spread as a base for a savory cheese ball. These fun-size snacks are perfect for any summer gathering and are super simple to make. Served with some Olive Oil & Rosemary Crackers, it’s sure to be an instant hit.
- Make a Mediterranean feast by whipping up a Pepperoni Pizza Spread using all your favorite pizza ingredients like pepperoni, olives, peppers, mushrooms and onions. Blend everything together with a Garlic Mozzarella Spread. This scrumptious spread tastes great on warm crusty Italian bread, bread sticks or crackers, making it a hearty appetizer or an impressive side dish.
Source: Comfy Cook
- Another Italian staple is Stringy Garlic Bread. Just spread some Garlic Mozzarella Spread on French or Italian Bread, and pop it into the oven until it’s golden brown. This dish tastes great as a stand alone side and also pairs wonderfully with some marinara sauce.
We know our customers lead busy lives, so we try to make your shopping experience as smooth as possible. We even make eating healthy an easy task with our delicious ingredients. Our gluten-free spreads come in a variety of flavors, including Bacon and Green Onion, Garlic and Mozzarella and Garden Vegetable.
Just pick up the phone and call 800.753.8558, or browse our website for 24-hour ordering ease. You can also use our handy store locator to find a location near you.