Filled with candy, toys and special surprises, kids always look forward to receiving their spring baskets. Choosing a theme is a great way to make each basket reflect your child’s unique interests. Grab a couple brightly colored baskets, some tinsel or tissue paper, and make this year’s spring baskets even more special with some fun ideas.
- For the budding artist, fill a basket with items that will inspire your children and bring out their creativity. Great options for an artistic basket include sidewalk chalk, finger paints, crayons, markers, coloring books and sketch pads.
- If you have a little fashionista, create a basket brimming with things for playing dress up. Add some sunglasses, nail polish, costume jewelry and hair accessories for a truly stylish basket.
- Sports fans will love a basket with football, baseball and basketball-themed treats. Load each basket with sports cards, ball caps and foam balls. If your little ones also play sports, consider adding small pieces of sports equipment, such as shin guards or batting gloves.
- Dollar stores and bargain bins are full of toys that can be combined for a fun and affordable basket. Choose miniature books, bouncy balls, modeling clay, silly putty, or any other little toys you can find.
- For a great opportunity to spend some quality time with your older children, consider filling their spring basket with fun activities rather than toys and treats. Stuff a basket with vouchers for the movie theater or admission tickets for local museums or zoos. Another great alternative is movie night in a basket. Simply fill a basket with a movie or two, a box of microwaveable popcorn and a bag of your teen’s favorite candy.
Once you have your kid’s baskets prepared, make sure to get a spring basket treat for yourself. With Hickory Farms gift baskets, such as our Bountiful Tastings or Hickory Tropical Delight, you can treat yourself to an adult twist on the traditional spring basket that includes fresh fruits, yummy cookies, decadent cheeses and other delicious treats that are perfect for a spring feast. Your kids will love it too!