It’s time to break out some mariachi music and an assortment of colorful piñatas! Hickory Farms is gearing up for Cinco de Mayo, and you can celebrate with us by throwing a festive outdoor party with a delicious menu that will sure to wow your friends.
- It wouldn’t be a Cince de Mayo celebration without the day’s quintessential drink — margaritas! Stick to the basics with a classic blend of ingredients, or pick up the pace a little with some fancy variations. Blackberry brandy is an interesting addition, especially if you toss in some fresh blackberries as well!
- Sangria is a very refreshing drink to have on a hot day. You can make this drink a little more festive by throwing your favorite fresh fruits in it. If you like your drinks sweeter, substitute the club soda with ginger ale.
- Make some fresh fruit kebabs and use some flat cactus leaves as a natural platter. Just skewer some pieces of apple, pear and Mandarin oranges from our Orchard’s Bounty Gift Box for a healthy treat that tastes great too.
- Sausage and pepper turnovers made with our Turkey Summer Sausage are a good choice for finger foods at your outdoor celebration.
- You can’t go wrong with cheesy rice and black beans made with our Harvest Vegetable White Cheddar. Delightfully creamy, it has the added texture of crunchy vegetables like carrots, celery and onions.
Once you have your menu down, it’s time to focus on your party’s decor. Stringing colorful paper lanterns or strands of festive chili pepper lights across your patio or in the trees will give your space a Mexican cantina vibe. Visit your local party store for some inexpensive, bright tablecloths and napkins, and scatter a few small sombreros around the table. Pick up a couple of terra cotta serving dishes you can reuse at later celebrations and set out a few cacti around the party area to give your party a touch of authenticity.
Whenever you celebrate, make sure to include some gourmet food baskets from Hickory Farms. For delivery right to your door, we’re only a phone call away at 800.753.8558.