It’s hard to believe we will soon be wrapping up another summer. Fortunately, Labor Day gives us a three-day weekend to celebrate the warm weather season with family and friends one more time. Below are some fun ways to enjoy summer’s last hurrah.
- Catch a summer sporting event. Whether for a major or minor league team or a local tournament, get together and root for the home team.
- Take a¬†road trip. No matter where you live, there are many points of interest worth checking out within a day’s drive.
- Have a rockin’ Labor Day at an outdoor¬†music festival. Many artists and groups will still be on their summer tours around the US.
- Host a¬†Labor Day picnic¬†or family reunion and gather the generations together for some good times. Organize an impromptu¬†talent show¬†where each family member gets to display his or her unique gifts. Preserve the memories by having a budding Spielberg capture the action¬†on camera.
- Go camping¬†at a state park near you. Don’t want to go too far from home? The kids will love the idea of a¬†backyard family campout.
- Sendoff summer with an exciting day of roller coasters or water slides at a theme park.
- Spend the day doing nothing! Sleep in, catch some rays, or rent movies for an at-home film fest. A little R&R can really recharge your batteries.
Whatever you do this Labor Day, we at¬†Hickory Farms¬†wish you and your family a safe and happy holiday. Order some¬†wines and cheeses¬†or some of our¬†Signature Summer Sausage¬†to make your weekend memorable.
Also, don’t forget how Labor Day came about. Originally begun by the Labor movement in the 19th century,¬†Labor Day¬†was officially designated as a federal holiday in 1894 as a day to honor the American worker and his contributions to our great country. It’s a wonderful opportunity to show employees and staff members your appreciation with a gift basket from Hickory Farms.